Friday, April 04, 2008

Daddy's back




Apologies to the thousands(read nil) following my blog for my prolonged absence. In trying to explore a writer within, I had created a cyber-persona I don't even remotely relate to. So this is an attempt at mainstream blogging.

Phew!!! So much has changed in my life since my voluntary break. So let me start off by putting down a few disjoint incidents. The contrast and the irony would be obvious. Yesterday refers to a Batty sometime ago.

Yesterday: Dude!! Guess what!! Batty cracked an ICICI RM profile. That guy doesn't know the ABC of Fin. Man!! He can pull one on anybody. He is all but a bag of air.

Today: (Office talk overheard) Man that guy has a future. You know the kind of analysis he did on that complex proposal. I heard the National Credit Manager has offered him a post and location of choice . He is made for finance. MBA does teach a lot of finance. I should have opted for it instead of CA.

Yesterday: Hey!! There is this woman that I really like. But am not sure whether she does too. I think I will just sit and watch her. Its win-win. I am happy being with her and she doesn't have to slap me.

Today: So.. I took her to the fancy Thai hotel down the road. Believe it or not. She was blown away. Apparently it was a candle light nite. She smsed me she had a great time. But I laid off. Its getting too serious. I just wanted to see if I still had it in me. I dun wanna give her any ideas.

So what has changed me? Is there at all a change? No. Its all in the attitude. You believe you can do something. There is no stopping. Daddy's back, baby!!!

I never knew just 10 push-ups a morning to shrug off sleep can have a co-working babe thinking I gym everyday. Evidence that there are dumb girls for auction on a platter. Interested parties please note.

I never knew speaking smooth English and Linkin Park can make a boss disbelieve I dont have a girlfriend. "Dont tell me you dont have one. Cmon, you dont have to feel shy." The last time I decided not to, I made a complete ass of myself in front of my best friend. But I said "I am not the one-girl-guy"

Before I sign off, an interesting conversation I overheard in office when there was very little work.

A: You are wrong. There is a difference between a factory and a ship. You cant physically move a factory but a ship can.

Me and my super-boss stop over to overhear.

B: But how about this. The ship is on a vast mass of water which is similar to land. So you cant steal a ship and hide it in your pocket.

Now. me and my super-boss are wowed. We started taking interest in the conversation.

A: Dont make dumb arguments. A ship is a ship and a factory is a factory. One is movable and the other is immovable.

C: No, he is right. If you stand inside a factory and shout this is mine. Its the same as standing inside a ship and shouting this is mine wherever the ship goes.

Now both of us are laughing our stomachs out.

B: Hey Batty! Cmon you tell me ship and a factory are the same.

Batty:(in a fix - one is the boss and the other a very senior person) Well....I dunno what to say. I have to agree ships can move at the same time you can claim both are yours as long as its not me shouting Its mine

Super-Boss(Laughing out loud): I can see that there is no work guys. But dont you think this has gone a little too far. Ships and Factories are different. Lets put an end to this.

A: See, I told you!! Thats why the security charge on a ship is hypothecation and one on a factory is mortgage eventhough both are submitted as collaterals against term-loans.

Me and my super-boss look at each other(foot in the mouth) - They were really discussing business

Adios,
Batty

4 comments:

Shree said...

liked the last one:)
Srilakshmi

Anonymous said...

daddyyyyyy !! nice to see you back !!

I loved the post !! I bit of self talk and jeeing up a poor soul (ready batty anna) is most required !! and I appreciate that you have done it

Cheers and keep posting !!

Man I am missing the Vodka parties with you guys these days..though there are ppl here who would gimme good company !! but still you know :D When Maru mixes and we drink..its an awesome feeling :))

--hemu

Batty said...

@shree

Thanks a lot...but what abt this one? :)

@ Hemu

Doooooddddd...daddy is totally back...Have become a fin dood..I know you will make fun...but its true...me miss the vodka parties too....

Hemanth said...

Dude When someone says liked the last one :). It means he / she didnt like this one :) or the last one is this one. You are becoming a fin dood, but you know it requires some brains too :D